Class Actions – Consumer Fraud
When the rights of a group of people have been violated, they can file a class action lawsuit seeking compensation for their injuries or asking the court to either require the defendant to take certain action or to require the defendant to stop certain activities in which it is involved.File a Consumer Fraud Complaint
The advantage of a class action is that a group of people with similar claims can present their cases at one time, rather than having to file numerous individual lawsuits.
Class actions involving consumer fraud are becoming more common because, unfortunately, some businesses rip-off customers, make false promises, or fail to honor their contracts. For example, class actions have been filed against:
- Insurance companies and banks alleging they violated insurance laws and regulations, and mishandled mortgage and other loan payments
- Banks and credit card companies for assessing excessive or improper late payment and other fees and penalties
- Employers such as Wal-Mart for failing to pay their hourly employees the wages and benefits they are entitled to receive
- Businesses and debt collectors for alleging that they violated the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act and engaged in unfair collection practices
- Telemarketing companies for making unwanted telemarketing phone calls or sending junk faxes
At Pogust Braslow & Millrood, we regularly handle class action lawsuits. We know that class action lawsuits are highly complicated, and require special skill and expertise in order to obtain the best results possible because defendants fight these cases very hard. At Pogust Braslow & Millrood, protecting our clients is our primary goal, and we fight harder than the defendants to assure that our clients are treated fairly and are compensated for whatever injuries the defendants’ conduct has caused.
We thoroughly investigate every class action so our clients are assured that we will hold the responsible party accountable for its actions. If you have been a victim of consumer fraud, you should immediately contact the attorneys at Pogust Braslow & Millrood, where Protecting Consumers Is Our Primary Goal. Just fill out our contact form or call us at (610) 941-4204. Take the first step toward protecting yourself and the ones you love by contacting us immediately.